ABOUT OUR UNIQUE NATURE-IMMERSION SUMMER CAMPS! REGISTRATIONS wILL OPEN ON MARCH 1st, 2023!
Enroll your child into one (or all 6) of our themed summer camps for an epic week in the Wild! Students will be immersed in exciting educational activities like beach days, fort and nature building, survival skills, ocean live, science experiments, and more, all while enjoying the amazing offerings of the great outdoors: sunshine, fresh air, climbing, splashing, running, and just being what a child should be doing, enjoying childhood in an unstructure environment that helps them unwind and thrive! We will separate them in two age groups for all of our camps, ages 4-6 and 7-12.
Why KIDWINGS SUMMER CAMPS?
- Because we have only 5 stars reviews in Facebook and Google.
- Because exploring art + nature builds confidence and creativity in kids.
- Because Kids need time unplugged–with other kids! We are outdoors all day– creating, building, playing and finding adventures together.
- Because our Lovely teachers are trained to be attuned to the social emotional needs of our explorers.
- Because we build resilience & empathy through our connections with each other– and the natural world.
SUMMER NATURE IMMERSION SESSIONS MONDAY-THURSDAY
- Two Ages groups 4 to 6 and 7 to 12
- Monday to Thursday ( Plus optional Add on Fridays Spanish Immersion)
- July, 10-13, 17-20, 24-27, 31
- August, 1-3, 7-10, 14-17
- 9:30 AM TO 1:30 PM
- $280 per week
Each Week has an exploration theme as well as Socio-Emotional topic!
Week 1: July 10-13 Sea Turtles and Whales! The Ocean Life / I flow and I love myself
Week 2: July 17-20Camping and survival Skills / I am confident and I trust myself
Week 3: July 24-27 Sunflowers and Summer / I have dreams
Week 4: July 31- August 3 Animal Habitats/ Words help but also hurt
Week 5: August 7-10 Ladybugs, Fairies and Butterflies/I am Grateful
Week 6: August 14-17 Science in Nature/ Breath In and Breath Out
SPANISH IN NATURE SUMMER FRIDAYS
- Fridays dates: July 15, 22, 29 August 5, 12, 19
- Prices: $85 per day or $480 for all 6 classes(save $30)
- Hours: 10am to 4pm
Your child will:
- Be immersed in nature
- Learn Spanish vocabulary with our Native spanish speaking teachers
- Engage on experiential learning directly from their environment
- Create secret hideouts in the forest + teepes
- Climb and swing from trees
- Make forest and Nature Crafts
- Enjoying beach days
- Learn the names of many native plants and animals.
- Identify wild edibles and berries
- Develop earth-friendly habits
- Get Dirty!!
PLEASE READ BELOW OUR LOCATIONS AND CANCELATIONS AND REFUND POLICIES.
Please send campers with a sunhat, sunscreen, and a packed healthy lunch and water bottle.
We will rotate between these locations every day during camps, it is possible that we add some more.
San Diego Central & Coastal: Mission Hills, Mission Bay, Pacific Beach around Balboa Park, Ocean Beach, Point Loma.
San Diego Inland: College area, La Mesa, Tierrasanta, around Mission Trails (these locations only if the weather temperatures are under 82°F)
- Because nature supports movement and expression.
- Because nature stimulates imagination and creativity.
- Because nature is not invasive or over stimulating.
- Because nature reduces anxiety and stress.
- Because nature is healthy.
- Because nature favors concentration.
- Because nature increases self-esteem.
- Because nature increases the ability to adapt.
- Because nature promotes optimal development at all levels of the child.
In the woods, between pines and oaks, in the mud and baskets, under the pine cones and branches, there are secrets… Children want to discover those secrets, and grow emotionally through these experiences. Nature is the ideal learning environment -every day we discover and learn through free play, nature is an endless source of stimuli, experiences, and fluid activities such as Yoga, breathing, playing, dancing, music, storytelling … We look at children with everything they bring, without judgments or expectations, listening to their needs and teaching them self-regulation through emotional companionship, boundaries and bonding.
This natural environment is ideal for free play, because it is a wide and diverse space that offers a multitude of varied stimuli and neutral materials. The possibilities of interpreting this world creatively are endless.
The open spaces allow children and young people to move and develop play scenarios with great flexibility. Due to the extent of the play field, they can satisfy their need for movement freely. Landscape diversity encourages physical ability and stimulates the mind
In open spaces noise is not trapped as in enclosed spaces, so it created a calmer context where children and youth tune into this tranquility and therefore are much more receptive. The abundance of natural materials and space helps maintain harmony and collaboration, creating a healthy and enjoyable play culture.
The $80 non-refundable deposits and tuition are nonrefundable as they go towards teacher preparation time, administration, and materials costs, so we can ensure enough staff is available for each summer camp session.
You are welcome to withdraw at any time before or during camp; however, we do not offer refunds, credits, or discounts of your deposit.
If you would like to swap your camp week to another week, please email us at camps@kidwingsnatureschool, though there is no guarantee of availability.
Class Cancellations by us:
In the event of severe weather, extreme heat, or other unforeseen issues, camp cancellation or early pickup may be required. In the case of a full-day cancellation, a refund in the amount equal to 50% of the cost of the canceled day will be send.
The remaining 50% will go to our teachers and other fixed costs (insurance premiums, etc.). Cancellation announcements will be made through mail.
The following is a list of recommended gear to set every camper up for success!» Durable backpack
» Two filled reusable water bottles
» Packed lunch
» 2 healthy snacks (please limit packaging/wrappers to avoid trash accidentally being left in the forest)
» Sunscreen– If you would like sunscreen reapplied on your child throughout the day, please pack sunscreen in their backpack.
» Water shoes
» Sun hat
» Light sweater/jacket