ABOUT OUR UNIQUE NATURE-IMMERSION SUMMER CAMPS! REGISTRATIONS ARE LIVE NOW!
Summer camps will follow our daily routine emphasizing active free play and child-initiated activities such as fort building, mud pie making, and pretend play. We will be offering Chess sessions and Spanish games during the day.
Why KIDWINGS SUMMER CAMPS?
- Because we have only 5 stars reviews in Facebook and Google.
- Because exploring art + nature builds confidence and creativity in kids.
- Because Kids need time unplugged–with other kids! We are outdoors all day– creating, building, playing and finding adventures together.
- Because our Lovely teachers are trained to be attuned to the social emotional needs of our explorers.
- Because we build resilience & empathy through our connections with each other– and the natural world.
SUMMER NATURE IMMERSION SESSIONS MONDAY-THURSDAY
- Ages 4 to 12
- July, 5-8 , 11-14, 18-21, 25-29
- August, 1-4, 8-11, 15-18
- 9:30 AM TO 1:30 PM
- $280 per week
SPANISH IN NATURE SUMMER FRIDAYS
- Fridays dates: July 15, 22, 29 August 5, 12, 19
- Prices: $65 per day or $360 for all 6 classes
- Hours: 10am to 2pm
Your child will:
- Be immersed in nature
- Learn Spanish vocabulary with our Native spanish speaking teachers
- Engage on experiential learning directly from their environment
- We will have chess sessions
- Create secret hideouts in the forest + teepes
- Climb and swing from trees
- Make forest and Nature Crafts
- Enjoying beach days
- Learn the names of many native plants and animals with our two biologist Teachers
- Identify wild edibles and berries
- Develop earth-friendly habits
- Get Dirty!!
PLEASE READ BELOW OUR LOCATIONS AND CANCELATIONS AND REFUND POLICIES.
- Why in Nature?
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
Please send campers with a sunhat, sunscreen, and a packed healthy lunch and water bottle.
We will rotate between these locations every day during camps, it is possible that we add some more.
San Diego Central & Coastal: Presidio Park, Morley Fields ( Nature Exploration Area), Tecolote Canyon, Mission Bay, Coronado Bay, Balboa Park, Kate Sessions Park, Liberty Station, Switzer Canyon, Shepherd Canyon, Civita Park.
San Diego Inland: Penasquitos Canyon, Chollas Lake, Mission Trails, Emerald Hills Park, Lake Murray, Rancho Mission Canyon, (these locations only if the weather temperatures are under 82°F)
- Because nature supports movement and expression.
- Because nature stimulates imagination and creativity.
- Because nature is not invasive or over stimulating.
- Because nature reduces anxiety and stress.
- Because nature is healthy.
- Because nature favors concentration.
- Because nature increases self-esteem.
- Because nature increases the ability to adapt.
- Because nature promotes optimal development at all levels of the child.
In the woods, between pines and oaks, in the mud and baskets, under the pine cones and branches, there are secrets… Children want to discover those secrets, and grow emotionally through these experiences. Nature is the ideal learning environment -every day we discover and learn through free play, nature is an endless source of stimuli, experiences, and fluid activities such as Yoga, breathing, playing, dancing, music, storytelling … We look at children with everything they bring, without judgments or expectations, listening to their needs and teaching them self-regulation through emotional companionship, boundaries and bonding.
This natural environment is ideal for free play, because it is a wide and diverse space that offers a multitude of varied stimuli and neutral materials. The possibilities of interpreting this world creatively are endless.
The open spaces allow children and young people to move and develop play scenarios with great flexibility. Due to the extent of the play field, they can satisfy their need for movement freely. Landscape diversity encourages physical ability and stimulates the mind
In open spaces noise is not trapped as in enclosed spaces, so it created a calmer context where children and youth tune into this tranquility and therefore are much more receptive. The abundance of natural materials and space helps maintain harmony and collaboration, creating a healthy and enjoyable play culture.
A $75 non-refundable deposit per session is due at time of enrollment. This deposit holds your space and helps cover the cost of enrolling your child and preparing for camps, ensuring enough staff is available for each summer camp session.
You can always pay in full or pay a deposit now and the balance two weeks before the session starts. If canceling or unable to attend the program for any reason:
30 or more days before the start of the program, you are entitled to a credit/refund minus the $75 deposit per session.
A refund or credit is not available if a cancellation is made two weeks or less prior to their child’s respective day camp start date.
During the session, if you can not attend a class due to illness, travel, etc. no refund or makeup of the class can be made.
If KidWings needs to cancel class for any reason we will make every attempt to make up the class at another date. If this is not possible, the class will be refunded.